Cataracts are a serious condition that can cause loss of vision. What are the
most common causes of cataract? Find out for yourself in this article!
● Age-related cataracts. The majority of cataracts are related to the aging
process. Everyone will develop a cataract eventually.
● Certain general health problems, like diabetes
● Having a family history of cataracts
● Having had an eye injury, eye surgery, or radiation treatment near your
● Use of steroid medications (medicines used to treat a variety of health
problems) – either as eye drops, creams or tablets
● Having spent a lot of time in the sun
● Hormone replacement therapy
● High myopia (near-sightedness)
● Other eye conditions
● Genetic disorders
● Frequent X-rays or CT scans (radiation)
● Intense electric shock